This is a very common question. Below is a list of things that you might need, depending on your hunt.
- Food- If you are staying in our lodging, almost everything you need to prepare a meal is included except food. There is a full kitchen in our lodging and a gas grill with fuel provided.
- Camo or Blaze Orange- For most hunts it is best to wear camo clothing. With a few exceptions. On our fair chase whitetail deer gun and muzzleloader hunts, you are required by the state to wear a blaze orange head covering and vest/coat. During stalk hunts of any kind we also require the wear of blaze orange head covering and a vest/coat. Typical stalk hunts include hunts for wild hogs, exotics, deer, etc.
- Licenses- The only hunts that require licenses are High fenced Wild Hog, Whitetail Deer, Elk, turkey, predator, dove, and prairie dog. Hog hunting requires a license from the Oklahoma department of Agriculture which must be purchased online at: Oklahoma Department of Agriculture. Information and purchase of licenses for Whitetail Deer, Elk, turkey, predator, dove, and prairie dog can be made at the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife licensing page. All other hunts do not require licenses.
- Hog hunters are required to purchase a $20 Oklahoma Feral Swine Control Association membership to hog hunt at our ranch. This organization promotes the control of feral swine in Oklahoma through sport hunting and protects our rights to hunt. This fee can be paid upon arrival at the ranch. More information can be found at OFSCA.ORG.
- Coolers- You need to bring coolers to keep you meat cool on the way back. Ice can be obtained locally.
- Safety Harnesses- Many of our hunts are conducted from elevated stands. We require you to wear a safety harness. If you don’t have one, we will provide you with one.
- Scent Control Clothing/Solutions- This is something that can give you an edge on most hunts. However, if you don’t have this type of equipment don’t run out and buy it. We will make efforts to keep you down-wind of game when possible. Most of our hunters don’t use this type of equipment and are very successful.
- ATV/UTV- We don’t allow personal ATVs/UTVs on our property. We will provide assistance with game recovery with our trucks or UTVs if needed.
- Transportation- We will provide you with transportation on the ranch if needed. If you have a suitable vehicle (truck or SUV with decent ground clearance) we may ask you to drive it to your hunting location on the ranch. This is not required but does speed up the process of getting hunters to hunting locations when there are large groups of hunters. If you are arriving via air, we recommend renting a suitable vehicle (truck or SUV) for your hunt as it will provide you with greater freedom and convenience during your hunt.